Monday, May 5, 2008

Very Quick Update

Hi all and welcome.

This is just a quick update to let you know I am still around and have not abandoned this site already. I am busy working on the transfer of my tapes and it is very time consuming. For example first you must burn the tape to the computer. That takes 2 hours since it burns in real time. Then you have to burn it to a DVD. This takes the better part of an hour and occasionally it malfunctions which means you have to try again. So, so far we are at about 3 - 4 hours. Next we have to take the original burned file on our hard drive and transfer it to FLV format for streaming on my webpage. This takes about 40 minutes, sometimes more. So all together each tape takes about 4 1/2 hours to transfer. As I said very time consuming and at any time one of the stages could fail at the very last second and you have to do it again. There are some tapes that have taken me 3 tries to get it right.

Anyway I am up to Tape 008 with Tape 009 being burnt as I type this. ... Well only about 340 more to go ...

So long for now and thanks for listening
Don Barone

No comments: